Old 09-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default I also have sphenoid sinus infection

Quote:
Originally Posted by neednewback View Post
Hey there, along with my lower back pain I have had a sinus infection for months now. I am scheduled for surgery on the on the 17th of this month where they are planning on opening up my sinus (I think they have to drill into this area).

This situation turned serious when over Thanksgiving i was put in the hospital for two day. They though I had menengitus at first, but now they think it was this infection. If anyone knows about this issue please respond and give me your experience or knowledge. Oh, and I have been on strong antibiotics for months now and I'm dealing with headaches, vertigo, fatigue, ear throbbing and an overall bad attitude at this point.

ty, Mitch

Hello, I have the same symptoms you did. This is very depressing and scary to deal with! Tried augmentin for 10 days then had a flare of symptoms. Currently on cipro now, halfway through my 20 day dosing. My ct only showed a tiny amount of fluid in my rt sphenoid, but I have the same symptoms as people with a completely blocked sphenoid sinus. It started 5 weeks ago with dizziness and headache. I can almost feel that sinus being closed and pressurized behind my rt eye and pain and pressure in rt ear and rt side of head. What did your ct show? Did you have a lot if fluid that prompted your ENT to do surgery? Mine does not think i look like a candidate because of the small amount of fluid. I know it's been years ago for you to deal with this, and I hope you healed well and are happy and healthy now! Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Kendra
Kendra1979 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote