View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 04:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AynaDee View Post
So I was wondering if there are any magic tricks to help when you're drowning on your on fluids?

It's one of those really scary symptoms..

you know... when you go to swallow and your brain quickly closes that pipe off and opens the airway.

When it happens I have the people around me beat my back while i bend forward to try and force it out of my lungs.. It happpens semi-frequently, but 2 different times I have inhaled far too much and have turned blue/purple from not being able to get oxygen.

One of those times was when I was working. Had 4 full grown men in shock and my manager was about to call an ambulance when I bent forward and it finally spewed out of my nose and mouth.

This happened the other day with coffee. My boyfriend said he had never seen so much fluid come out of someone's nose before. Poor thing started to cry.

Since this has happened so much I stay as calm as I possibly can when it happens and try to get the fluid out of my lungs as quickly as possible so I can breathe.

So I was just wondering what I should have my close ones prepared to do when they see this happen to me... I'm kind of thinking there is no trick and that I have been SUPER LUCKY to have come out of them. I did cough up some blood the next day.. thinking that was from the stress my lungs went through the previous day (and there was creamer in my coffee, so both coffee and milk were in my lungs)

I'm gonna be one sad ghost if I end up drowning on a beverage...
Hello AynaDee,

I have had the choking on liquid and saliva a few times too. It is scary and frustrating for me. I have not talked to my neuro about it or gone to the ER for it but those are good suggestions. I'd love to hear what you decided to do and what they recommend. I wish u well. Thanks for posting.
D0ct0rT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (09-28-2013), Erika (09-29-2013), Kitty (09-28-2013), Mariel (10-05-2013), NurseNancy (09-29-2013), SallyC (09-28-2013)