View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to NT. If you can find a way to back off on your activity levels at work, that might help. It's a hard call - I'm not in a position to take time off because of my issues, so I've worked through them. On the one hand, pushing through can prolong your recovery, and it might even impact your quality of work. On the other hand, it at least keeps you "in the game" which is always good for your employment record.

Try to find some ways to take a break throughout the day - step away and get some rest, if you can. I sometimes go out to my car and sleep for 20 minutes, if I just can't continue. Nobody notices I'm gone - for all they know, I'm in a meeting somewhere. And when I get back, I'm doing a lot better than before.

It sounds like you need to be very responsive in your work. Try doing some relaxation exercises on your own time, and definitely take care of yourself. Recovery from concussion takes time, and it can be an uneven process. Most of all, you don't want to jeopardize your ability to work and keep a job, if you don't have to.

Just my two cents. Good luck.
brokenbrilliant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (10-21-2013)