View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 07:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been able to sleep on my back I think since about night 3 at home, but when I sleep on my back I do not move - because my SCS device is implanted in my lower back, on the left side (they described it to me as "between the bottom rib and the top of the pelvic bone"), so to move around while laying on my back can cause a lot of pain (for some reason rolling around and putting pressure on that incision hurts a ton worse than then laminectomy/paddle lead incision site). Anyway, I have learned that I had to turn the stim way down, but I can keep it on all night with no issues (if I wake up and turn over I have to turn up the stim level but since I seem to be pretty good at self-policing turning over I haven't had any issues otherwise).

I also called and talked to the nurse on my third day post-op, when my left hip felt as though I had wrenched it out of socket; I sleep on that side but haven't ever had that kind of pain on that side. The nurse told me that it was likely due to the way they had me positioned in the OR, and that my joints were just starting to wake up enough to react (she actually said that my body had been prioritizing pain after the surgery and it was a good sign that I was now feeling "extra" pain!). It went away after about a day and a half but it was a little worrisome when I first felt it!

Sleep well and feel better and better!

Last edited by jen7009; 09-28-2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: (corrected bone name)
jen7009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-29-2013), Mark56 (09-29-2013), MessyMark (09-28-2013), Rrae (10-02-2013)