View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 07:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

24Sep13 Sunny 83 degrees. Rough pain day. During first treatment my pain went from a 6 to a 7 to a 10 to a 7. Then after my morning nap the excruciating pain hit me again,WHAM!, peeking at a 10. So I upped the pain meds. After the second HBOT treatment my pain went back down to a 7. Relief. I became emotional and weeped during the afternoon. I think it was the combination of the higher dose of pain meds coupled with the pain its self being through the roof. Treatment one movie: 'Bridesmaids.' Very funny. Treatment two movie: the rest of 'Bridesmaids' then 'Ice Age.' Love it.

25Sep13 Sunny 75 degrees. During the first treatment my pain went from an 8 to a 7.5 at 1.5 atm. During the second treatment I had an excruciating shocking pain that shot through my left foot up my leg into my knee and on up into my hip and pelvis. It was short lived though, and my overall pain rating by the afternoon was a 6. I've have had 3 days of 2-a-day treatments. I'm still feeling pretty good as far as the weakness goes. I am walking more upright than before as aposed to being hunched over. The first movie was the rest of 'Ice Age,' and the second movie was 'Puss in Boots.' I am really really missing Darrell and Frank. I am used to snuggling with Frank during the day. I miss that furry closeness. He is a tiny little guy, but as far as a therapy dog he is a giant. He is great for my psyche. Same for Darrell too.

26Sep13 Sunny 76 degrees. The treatments continue on. Neck ring; tank; oxygen hood; dive; movie; nap; resurface. My soars on my arms and legs are all but healed. The cramping from my Dystonia/spasticity is confined to my right calf and left buttocks. My feet look more pink than red except in the morning they are bright red. My balance is better. I am more upright. My walking continues to improve, but the left leg and foot point west when my body points north. When I am tired and have my lead boots on, I tend to drag my left foot behind me. I am staying awake more over the last couple days, and I am not as weak as I had been last week. I am always hungry. I'm feeling insecure; I need My support system (aka Darrell). The first movie was 'The Adjustment Bureau.' The second movie ditto.

27Sep13 83 degrees and sunny. Fireworks! Woot! Woot! I reached a 5 on the 10 point pain scale, finally. Five was my goal. It only gets better from here, right? I am ready to do what I have to get my life back. Well, I have always been except now it looks like I might actually get there. My feet were poker red in the morning. Pain was only about a 6 overall, with my feet being about a 7. After the first treatment, the red turned to pink in my left foot. The right looked normal. The pain went to a 5. A FIVE! After the HBOT, I get faint when I first stand up for a few minutes. My walking is still improving though I am shaky. I still walk hunched over with my butt sticking out. I try to force myself to walk upright, but it only makes me more shaky. The cramping continues from the Dystonia/spasticity. I need to drink more water. My mouth is super dry. I must remember to use the NutraSal!

Gram Miller arrived in Ontario this evening to take over as my caretaker for the next 2 weeks. We picked Gram up from the airport and headed back to the hotel for another delicious crockpot dinner: Cheesy chicken picante on tortillas with Spanish rice.

28Sep13 Sunny and 89 degrees. I would have sworn the temperature was in the upper 90s. Both feet were bright red this morning and about a 7 on the pain scale. Before this mornings HBOT my overall pain was a 6 with a few spikes. After, my left foot was pink and my pain was a 5 again. Susan recommended I wear different shoes that would be less painful. I'll try Gram's slippers tomorrow. She also recommended I keep my feet up for the evening. Today's movie was 'Words.' My overall pain is down considerably from when I started the HBOT treatments. I have to contribute it to the HBOT therapy. Incredible. Darrell is excited too.

The itching has started in my ankles again. It is deep like my bones itch. I scratch but there is no relief. I am getting cramps again, both upper and lower body. The cramping in my legs comes with walking. I've upped the Tizanidine to try and combat the cramps. That and my Baclofen pump and the Botox injections should be helping, but the Dystonia/spasticity plagues me. I'm still trying to stand up tall. I'm weak after the treatments, but I do feel like I am getting stronger. My mouth is supper dry. So dry that it is difficult to talk, the skin in my mouth sticks to my teeth, and I can't swallow. I get desperate for water. I have soars all over my dry mouth. It is very tender. I woke this morning at 2:00 a.m. I've had no naps today, morning or afternoon. It has been a long day. No; really.

Gram had her introductory lesson into HBOT and CRPS/RSD this morning. She did good driving a foreign car (meaning not hers) in a foreign land. She helped get me into the tank with my required number of pillows and Jane Jetson bubble hat. We missed lunch for the second day in a row. We took the long way to Denny's for dinner. We got lost going down the block. I tried to use my phone to get us back on tack except I picked the wrong Denny's, which headed us in the wrong direction again. It put us on the highway that we've been avoiding because of cars, lots of them, speed, and anxiety (Gram's not mine). I really need to learn to use my phone on the fly. We found Denny's, eventually.

There was a woman in the booth next to us. She turned to us and started talking about herself, her husband, and their 2014 Kenworth 18 wheeler truck. The truck was broke down again and in the shop for the second time; they've only had it for 9 months. They were stranded in Ontario California after a long haul that brought them here from Georgia. She needed to get home to get her high blood pressure medication. She also suffered from diabetes. Turns out she used to live in Granite. My hometown. She asked us a lot of prying questions that we tried to avoid answering, but it seemed she knew the answers already. I think she was psychic. The whole circumstance made Gram on edge. I have to admit it was kind of strange. It had us looking over our shoulder on the way back to the hotel.
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ALASKA MIKE (09-30-2013)