View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 08:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concussed Scientist View Post
Hi Debbie,
I am from the UK. I had a brain injury due to a car crash. Fortunately it has not left me with some of the physical symptoms that you, sadly, have; I have no difficultly with walking or my sight. I do have some of the other issues though to do with the brain and also balance, although my brain injury would be classified as minor. I found Headway to be very supportive, so you are absolutely doing the right thing in going to see them. They are also very supportive on the phone also.
I would love to chat with you sometime.
All the best,
Concussed Scientist
Hi there

Thanks for your offer to Chat. I now live in Dorset. Whereabouts are you. I had a Neuro Physio assessment at Headway on Thursday. I was so pleased with it. It would seem my coordination is not too good and I'm seeing an ophthalmologist soon as well. She thinks my balance will improve and it's a case of using my right side again as much as possible to remind my brain that it's there.

When I was in South Africa I did not speak to anyone regarding my injury and was fed up as people would see me and think I was 100% which I knew I wasn't. It's so nice to have spoken to other TBI people and get ideas at my expectations.

Chat soon
Debbie
Nutkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote