Old 09-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Tid bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenanyc View Post
I've been taking Nortriptyline for about 5 years for nerve pain in my lower back and I've never experienced any negative issues with it. It has been a wonderful drug for me as far as the physical effects. I have nerve damage in my lower spine as well as Sciatica and the pain is unbearable at times and the Nortriptyline is the most effective drug at relieving the nerve pain.

I stopped taking it for about 6 months a couple of years ago and started again because the pain became unbearable and nothing else was effective at controlling the pain -- it works far better for nerve pain than narcotics, which I take for bone and muscle pain in my arms and legs due to fractures and soft tissue damage.

Having taken it now twice, I will note that it takes about 3-4 weeks for the Nortriptyline to start to be effective.

However, if you really feel the problems are caused by the Nortriptyline (ie the problems started when you started taking it), by all means see please go see your doctor ASAP and ask for something else. I am sorry you if are having issues with it. I have taken drugs which disagreed with me and it is very frightening experience.
dear friend

thank you for that
the time line
it is helpful to me
and many others
may your pains subside
i pray for miracles

someone who cares