View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ha just realized in my first post I thought I was 28, wow talk about a head injury, I'm actually 27!!! A lot of the things I mentioned were from a journal I kept as things were pretty hazy back then.

Has anyone experienced long term reoccurence of short term memory loss after mild traumatic head injury? I wasnt in a major car accident or had my head hit by a semi, but I did hit it hard enough to be knocked unconscious for a short period of time. After injury, I still forget little things I never used to forget, to the point where I'm beginning to think I'm a huge liability. A few days ago I left a pot on the oven and the water boiled away completely! Never in my life has this happened to me. Moreover, I've never lost my wallet, car keys, or cell phone for more than a minute (if they're buried under some clothes or whatnot). In the past two months I've lost them countless times (and fortunately found them soon after). I simply just forget where I placed them, even when I try to put them in obvious locations.

I was on the deans list of academic excellence in both college and university, just to add some credibility, and like I said, I'm only 28. I know that it is not normal for me to forget these things like this as previously this wasnt an issue. I still struggle with directions and actually have got lost and gone the wrong way many times; my previous job I used to drive around this city hundreds of km's a week and found my way, now I get lost on routes I've travelled dozens of times.

I have a few additional questions: do any of you struggle with worries people don't believe you and just think you have bad memory? I've had one or two ppl who were supposed to be family friends, but you can tell they just think its you and making excuses when something happens - such as getting lost when driving.

Another question, I went to the gym last week and had really bad head ache after. I actually went to my car and fainted in the car seat, waking up 20-30 minutes later. I tried going to the gym again taking it slower, but I still had a really bad head ache? Is this a PCS thing?

I just can't believe I still have issues. I haven't been back to work yet as the stress at work is like taking mortar shells to my brain. Even thinking about it gives me bad head aches.

Sorry, one other final question, tylenol doesnt seem to help with the pain with these head aches. Advil doesnt help either. I've taken up to 4 x 500mg Tylenol (just to test) and the head aches were still largely there. Is this also a normal PCS thing? I still have a hard time coming to grip with reality that this happened to me in the first place over this stupid injury to the point where I even doubt myself.
CerebrumIniuriam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote