View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Several months later....

Hi Bryanna

I wanted to have a chat about what has happened since my wisdom tooth extraction. Both my dentist and the surgeon say it has all healed extremely well and there should be no problems. However, I have continued to have pain in the No 6 tooth area and all down the side of my face. (Which was the reason I went to the dental hospital in the first place)

Another x-ray shows both of the molars next to the extracted wisdom tooth (which includes No 6) have roots into the sinus cavity. But although an MRI showed some evidence of inflammation, I have been told there is nothing to be concerned about.

It seems its ok for the professionals to say there is nothing to worry about, but I live with discomfort down that side of my face, into the tooth roots. It hurts more when I floss and I have pressure pain when driving in hilly areas (and I haven't dared fly for a couple of years)!!

The dental surgeons say its a sinus issue and to go back to ENT, as it must be referred pain, but ENT say it must be teeth related as they can't see anything major. I can't believe its nothing to do with my teeth, as I get more pain when flossing...

I am at a loss now, as I really feel like having those 2 upper teeth out in the hope that the pain will go away.

Sorry for going on, just wanted to off-load.

Thanks

Lynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynney View Post
Hi Bryanna

Thank you for your kind reply.

I had the impacted wisdom tooth extraction 2 days ago, under local anaesthetic. The root had connected with the sinus cavity (I think she said it was a small perforation). I have stitches, and didn't have excessive bleeding from the mouth, but am coughing up phlegm that is coloured red. Is this to be expected?

I have to not blow my nose for a month, when I return to have it checked out.

Incidentally, the tooth was not decayed, but had a hole from resorption, she told me the body was trying to absorb the tooth internally. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help again

Lynne
Lynney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote