Thread: Heart Issues?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 07:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Renee,

My daughter, a few years before she got RSD, had problems with SVT (supraventricular tachycardia). She got a full work-up from a cardiologist, who said she was fine (except for the SVT) and that she would probably grow out of it. If she didn't, they would have to decide on a treatment. She pretty much grew out of it - she only has very rare problems with it anymore.

She just had a heart-attack-like event a few weeks ago, right when she was coming out of her second RSD remission. She had heart pain/pressure, numbness/tingling in her left arm, etc. We called her doctor, and he told us to call 911 and get her in an ambulance and go to the hospital.

No one at the hospital knew what RSD was, unfortunately, but they checked her heart and lungs and they were OK. Later on, we did some research and it seems that RSD patients have a lot of unexplained chest pain. I think that maybe this time, at least some of the chest pain was related to her coming out of remission. Also, her doctor (that she saw the next day) thought at least some of it was costochondritis, because she also hurt to physical pressure.
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (10-01-2013), RSD ME (10-01-2013)