Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Lyrica withdrawal

[QUOTE=Marie33;1017960]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Mist Woman View Post
Hi TriviaFriend,

I have just joined this forum, because I was looking for answers for why I have been feeling so unwell this past 3 weeks. I tapered off slowly, but possibly not slowly enough.
It has been helpful to me see that many of the symptoms that I have been going through are listed by others.
My understanding was that symptoms would be milder than they have been and would take no more than a week to get through.
But clearly everyone is different.

My Symptoms include:

Exhaustion, coupled with insomnia (horrible combination)
Depression
Extreme episodes of sweating
Chills
Inability to regulate temperature
Headache
Nausea
Muscle aches
Short of breath
Lack of desire to socialize
Mood swings

Thanks so much to all for your interesting information

Hi Island Mist,
So Sorry you are going through so much suffering I am on Lyrica too. Is that the medication you are withdrawing from? How much were you taking and for how long? I am on 300 mgs day, for about 9 mos now. Its not helping me too much with my pain. What were you taking it for? I have idiopathic small fiber neuropathy. Lyrica is causing my hair to fall out, so I will have to get off of this med soon. Ive read so many horror stories on people who are withdrawing from lyrica. It scares me to death to think that Im going to have to suffer more pain on top of this neuropathic pain. Would you mind telling me how slowly you tapered. Do you think if you tapered slower that would have helped? Are you trying another medication for your pain? I know doctors tell you that you can taper off this medication in one week, well we know that is not true! It frustrates me that Doctors dont even know how bad this medication can be or either they do know and turn a deaf ear! I hope somebody will chime in soon to reassure you that you will feel better soon. please keep us posted. Thanks
Marie
Hi Marie,
I am just getting used to this site and these posts. I just tried to post under the Lyrica Withdrawal Forum, but I am not sure where the post went.

Yes, it is Lyrica that I am withdrawing from. I was on 300mg at bedtime. I will try and figure out how to do these posts properly so that I can continue my own journey of withdrawal. I have found the posts of others very helpful, but sure don't look forward to feeling like this for months.

It makes me quite angry that Dr's don't seem to know about the severity of the withdrawal symptoms, and neither does the drug company manufacturing this drug. It is so wrong. I have not found any information on the incidence of withdrawal symptoms. So 10% of people go through this? or do 90% of people go through this.

I wish you well in your own journey. I hope that you will be one of the people who does not go through withdrawal.

Take good care

D.
Island Mist Woman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote