Thread: What helps you?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 11:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRian View Post
LOL - "iHugs" I call them "virtual hugs" on another board, but I think I like iHugs better

Here's something that I don't think I saw yet - flowers. Since I moved from California to Arizona (a place I've always hated, unfortunately, but it couldn't be helped), I've discovered that I need flowers. They just comfort me with their beauty. Also, an ocean "sleep sound" is really helpful to me at night.

Anyway, good thread! and interesting that we have similar things that help.
Thank you SloRan!! lol.. I had forgotten how much flowers mean to me also. My sweet husband started bringing home a bunch or two when he goes grocery shopping at Trader Joe's (FYI for anyone who doesn't know this.. TJ's has beautiful bunches for $3.99) and I really have gotten spoiled by this They do brighten my spirits!!

Great idea on the Ocean sounds - I hadn't even thought of that! I will give it a try.

Sorry about your dog, I can't imagine how painful that must have been but, I am so glad you were able to comfort him!

The Harp.. wow we have a musical group here! I have always love the beauty of harpist it does look very calming and the sound.. just magical.

Family.. we love how annoying they can be at times! I do hope those dynamics work themselves out.

When you used your Lidoderm patches did you place them on the nerve root above the affected site? At least for me they worked much better when I found the nerve root or the location of the nerve path closest to the surface of the skin for better absorption (always higher up the nerve path so the meds flow down the nerve path). But, as with everything else it doesn't always work for everyone. I also use medicated compound cream in the 12 hours that the patches aren't on and I do think the combo makes them both more effective.

I do hope the counseling is positive for both you and your daughter, let us know how it goes if you don't mind sharing.

Have a terrific evening and thanks for joining in on the conversation
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote