Thread: What helps you?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 02:09 AM
anon6715

anon6715

I use heat packs frequently. They do help with the pain a bit. My husband is terrific at spotting when I need one. He often gets one for me before I've even thought of it myself. Warm baths and light massage also help me.

I find it also helps me to focus on physiotherapy. It doesn't decrease the pain but I can see slow improvement in function and that keeps me feeling positive. It is still early days for me.

Reading helps, of course, but I now find it difficult to manage the kindle on the bus and train; they are always crowded and I don't always get a seat. So, I like to listen to podcasts when commuting. I take the bus and train to/from work which, as I'm sure you all can imagine, is a bit challenging. All the movement is unpleasant and, since I am in London, I am constantly trying not to get bumped while I'm traveling. The podcasts really help to take my mind off the pain.

My dog is a great comfort to me. She is so sweet and funny and beyond adorable. She loves to curl up next to me and take a nap. There is just no therapy like her furry, warm little body next to me, snoring softly. She is also really careful when I use my CRPSy hand to stroke her. That is favourite physiotherapy.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (10-03-2013)