View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Leebeemi,
I posted earlier about musical performance. If you haven't yet read the responses, please see the thread. I had good advice, and it helped me understand my current deficits. I completely understand the frustration of not being able to do what you have probably enjoyed doing for a long time, but as it was pointed out to me, just RELAX and wait to see what heals.

I used my music as a way of relaxation, and altough I cannot perform as I once did, I can still get enjoyment and relaxation from LISTENING to it. If your inability to read or sing to music is driving you to worry more, try something that is instrumental only. Your appreciation of music can be stretched to another genre without focusing on your problem right now.

Try something that has fewer instruments, so you're not processing too much info all at once, and close your eyes to reduce distractions. I think you'll soon find your love for music can exist on a different plane right now.

With all the other things going on with you, I encourage you to not make something that gives you pleasure turn into " another loss" for you. I am playing the "wait and see" game myself, but I try to be grateful that I can still listen and enjoy music, and that it still has power to speak to my heart and soul.

Wishing you steady healing and patience, Music-in-me
music-in-me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote