View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiimarie92x View Post
Hi, I'm Jessica im from ny and I have bipolar and BPD I applied for social security disability back in October and I got denied. On august 13th I had my alj hearing and I still have yet to get a letter back. I'm really nervous and don't know really what to expect I did have a disability lawyer but I felt like she didn't really do much. I met with her once A few weeks before my hearing and that was really it.
Hi, Jessica. I have epilepsy with weekly grand mal seizures and daily staring seizures, OCD, bipolar, personality disorder, knee problems, plantars faciatis and a few more problems....I had my hearing August 8 th and have heard nothing yet either. The wait is long and tiring, I do know...I do wish you the best.. i know how it is to have an incompetent atty. I had one with my first case which went all the way to the federal level then was eventually denied. I switched attys and filed a new claim and feel so much better with this representation. I met with him several times from start to hearing. He is not one of those 'as seen on tv' attys. If you have to (and i hope you get an approval so you do not have to) but if you have to file a new claim, I do suggest finding a private attorney, one that does not advertise on tv. Ask friends who may be on disability already who they ussed as rep. That is how I found mine.
nicd577 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote