View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

For the inversion board, I noticed on my 3rd or 4th session (one per day at that point) that I felt literally taller and more symmetrical from the waist up. Over time I learned that it took about 7 mins at near vertical to get my neck to elongate and to reduce muscle spasms in the neck. It took me a month or more to build up to that.

So based on that and the study I referenced, I decided to add cervical traction. I think it took about a week before it became obvious that it was helping me. Note that I already had some traction in from the inversion board.

On that note let me mention that the ComforTrac comes with an air pressure gauge on the pump. I think the Saunders might as well. I think the unit of measure is "pounds", but whatever it is, I started at 10 and then during the course of the six minutes I use the pump to add more. Originally I went from 10 to 12. Last night I went from 10 to 20.

I do it based on feel. I keep a strong tug, but avoid pain or distress. As my neck relaxes the tug feels weaker and then I hit the pump to increase it.

Building up slow is always preferable to an enthusiasm-induced TOS flare up.

I haven't found any guidelines on pressure or duration regarding cervical traction so if you come across any, please share.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote