View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Socasusie,

Mrs. D is right...... there are other things that can cause bleeding gums, even sudden onset that may not have obvious symptoms until the problem has become severe. I would assume that your dr will be doing frequent blood work while you are on this medication. It would be important to keep track of that

Regarding the tooth paste... there are better alternatives to crest and others like it because they contain chemicals, dyes and preservatives that are irritating to the oral tissue and digestive tract. Homemade toothpaste is easy to do.... on a wet toothbrush put a few drips of melted coconut oil, a slight sprinkle of baking soda and a small drop of peppermint oil! Works great! If you wanted to you could make a small batch of it ahead of time, stir it up really well, keep it in a closed glass jar in the bathroom and use each time you brush. The coconut oil will harden so you will need to use a little spoon to scoop some out each time. But it's really no big deal!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by socasusie View Post
Thanks mrsD, I actually just had lab work 3 weeks ago and am good. She's keeping an eye on it all considering both the disease and medication. Thank you for keeping an eye out for me though!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote