View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Stephan,

You are very welcome!

It may be a good idea to have a little sedation for the oral surgery as there will be a lot of scraping going on. You should discuss the sedation options with your oral surgeon. You would also need to discuss the protocol for fabricating the removable partial denture so that you can have that ready for the day of the extractions.

I think the most concerning issue is being in a different country where you have to express your concerns in a way that they are understood. Having an oral surgeon that allows you to do that is imperative! If the general dentist is not that accommodating, then ask for a referral from the oral surgeon to a general dentist who is similar to himself in that demeanor.

Please check back with us!! Hope all goes well

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanvd View Post
Bryanna,

Thanks for your advice. Now I feel confident that I'm making the right decision in going for the bridge. From the x-rays, the Oral Surgeon said the canine teeth were healthy enough to support the bridge.

My next question is would you suggest a bit of sedation with the extractions and cleaning of the infection/necrotic tissue? I feel much calmer about the procedure now that I've found a competent Oral Surgeon and understand the process, but I'm still a bit worried about discomfort and the length of time for the procedure. As well, all done in a country I'm still adjusting to!

Once again, thanks for all the advice and truth. I've learned a lot from you.

Stephan
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote