View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

Erika, I never heard of Serrapeptase, I'll have to look into that. I wonder if it can be derived from a vegan source, I don't know if I could swallow it knowing it comes from worm carcasses!

Sal, I have eaten bottles of Aleve, Motrin, Extra strength Tylenol, done heat therapy, both dry and moist, try not to sleep on that side and it's still there. I wake up and do my usual stretches before I get up, including new ones for the hand, arm and shoulder but it doesn't seem to help. My doc is at a loss, he insists I am not allowing it to heal, but there are things one HAS to do daily-dressing, hygiene, eating, etc. It's one of the reasons I am not doing any paddling these days, except for limited quiet water paddling with slow, easy strokes designed to stretch it out rather than put pressure on the shoulder. I don't even put my own boat in the water and for me, that's hard to give up.

Jo, I had the usual tests done back when it first started. I had the usual 2 year brain/spine checkup/MRI and it showed a slightly bulging lumbar disc, I've had sciatica before but again, stretches, backsaver exercises, etc seem to have alleviated that for a few years. Everything else was fine. I've done damage over the years from the whitewater paddling, but I've always been more of a finesse paddler rather than trying to bull through with muscle ( I use currents to get where I need to be) but the years of repetetive strokes have to have taken their toll. I will look into TOS.

I know I am aging. I hate not being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I have days when I forget about the shoulder until it starts aching again and then I pay, so I have definitely started limiting the things I do and/or changing the way I do them (like carrying that cooler with my left hand/arm!), but the limits frustrate me. I'm working on it, but it isn't coming easily to me!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-02-2013), Blessings2You (10-01-2013), Erika (10-01-2013), SallyC (10-01-2013)