View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 06:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused I have very important decision to make i need to talk to other people with rsd

Hi im flora99 --a new member.
I have had rsd since autumn 2002.
I need to talk with other members to get their feedback .
Its pretty lonely here on the west coast of scotland .no one here has heard of rsd
That included most of the doctors who have never seen a case in our area.!
Its taken me 10 years to get to a good place.i count myself as one of the lucky ones.i got diagnosed within 5 months of developing rsd in my right arm From tennis elbow and tendonitous.
After 2nerve blocks the pain dropped dramatically and i got almost full range of movement back after physio.i managed to work through my depression without any drug therapy once the pain levels had dropped.
2yrs later i had a gyneacological op and had a canula put in my good arm.,which became swollen at the elbow and v painfull.The doctors would not give me another nerve block as said it was too dangerous.i narrowly missed being paralised again as i could not take antinflamitories as they had ulcerated my stomach.This flare up took months to subside.,i went to hell and back.

In 2005 i needed an endoscopy with a sedation and would not let them put a canula in my arms ,so they put one in my foot which was ok with no flare up of RSD but i had no symptoms in my feet then,now i do (painfully cold feet and knees )
I urgently need another endoscopy to investigate my gastric problems and throat since i have had GORD for over 10 years now and the PPI is not controlling my gastric reflux etc.i cant face the proceedure and biopsey / and possible polypectomy without a sedation
my doc wants to also take blood as i have not had blood taken since ive had rsd.
because i feared a flareup.
Has anyone out there had a flareup after blood was taken?
Last time i had my endoscopy i was not taking amitripilyn will that protect me from a flare up?,i dont know if the low dose im on now will protect me?
What do you think?
im on a low dose as im trying to get as low as possible as its eroding my stomach and blurring my vision etc!!so if i need to up it again it will be hell.
I dont know what to do wether i should have the endoscopy and sedation.
If they find cancer i know my body would not tolerate chemo or radio therapy,
So could have to face cancer and an RSD flareup.
On a positive note,if they find early barretts oesophagus they can prevent it developing if caught early.
What should i do??
Im in remission with my RSD most of the time and have a good quality of life.
I fear the dragon on my shoulder will bite me again if let them do the tests.
The pressure is unbearable.
Ive had councelling and my councellor says i need more information before i decide.its so hard to get information.The doctors all think im over reacting
My fears are real.i fear the RSD as much as the possibility of cancer.
What should i do?
Please if you have any relavent info write to me .
Big gentle hug to all of you out there wrestling with the firey dragon RSD.
Thanks for reading my first post.
Flora99
flora99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote