View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Parminides,

As I said, dental x-rays are 2 dimensional and depending on the angle of the film the area of #19 may show differently at a different angle. I hope that it has healed but because you have a chronic infection there, it cannot be assumed that the bone is healthy because it appears to have filled in on one x-ray.

Even if the bone has healed well from the extraction, if there is a perio infection ... the bone will deteriorate from that bacteria which may or may not show up on a dental x-ray until the bone loss is severe.

<<The first panorex that showed the root tip at the top was taken a week after the extraction. It doesn't seem possible that it could work it's way from the bottom to the top in only a week. Can that happen?>>>

Maybe it wasn't a root tip. Maybe it was a piece of splintered bone. They both resemble each other.

I have no idea how advanced your periodontal disease is. You mentioned that you have had it but never had it treated. So I assume you have had it for awhile. This disease does not get better on it's own. In the early stage it can be remedied with daily diligent oral hygiene care at home. Oil pulling with coconut oil can also be very helpful. But once the bacteria has advanced it is difficult for the patient to remove it.

Some people with perio disease do not have loose teeth while others do. Some people have gum tissue recession while others have deep pockets.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by parminides View Post
Thanks again for all your attention. I really appreciate it. I'll keep this one shorter so I can get to 10 posts sooner!

In you last message you didn't address my argument that the bone isn't infected or else I would have undergone more bone loss instead of bone gain (filling in the root channels). I know it would be much better if you could see the xrays, but what do you think of my argument in principle?

I had a flare up in September 2012 and various infections seemed to florish together (probably by weakening my immune system). I wanted all infection sources removed, so #8 was pulled at that time (it was known to be infected).

The first panorex that showed the root tip at the top was taken a week after the extraction. It doesn't seem possible that it could work it's way from the bottom to the top in only a week. Can that happen?

I don't think my periodontal disease is as advanced as you make it sound. My teeth are not loose.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote