View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 01:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Chris Thank you so much for the info .
I really appreciate your detailed reply and caring
I will update my results sometime after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hello sloth,
It's been ages since I have posted on here, and I just noticed your question. MAC stands for "monitored anesthesia care", and is commonly used for short procedures such as biopsies, reproductive procedures such as IVF or egg retreivals, and other short less painful procedures that don't require General Anesthesia. Usually, you're given a drug called "Versed" which will make you feel as if you've just had a few (or more), Marqueritas. While in surgery, they will monitor you to make sure you are not feeling any pain with other sedatives and anagesics, as well as local anesthetics.

You usually wake up fairly quicklly and without any residual side effects of General Anesthesia as you don't have to undergo intubation (the breathing tube they use with General).

I've had MAC done several times in the past few years for several GYN procedures and haven't encountered any problems with the MS. Be sure to inform your phsyciain, as they may reduce the doses of some of the drugs, but they WILL make sure you are always comfortable. If at any point during your procedure you feel any pain at all, by all means, let them know!

Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll do fine. I do hope your results will be negative.

All the best,
Chris

Last edited by sloth; 05-19-2007 at 02:38 AM.
sloth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote