View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Thankyou so much for being there!

Hi ,what a wonderful feeling to hear from you !!
Just got up to find your messages.
Cant tell you what a relief it is just to hear from other people with RSD.
I felt so alone.!
Just to hear other peoples experiences and opinions helps me a lot.
I know at the end of the day its got to be my desicion and mine alone if i have invasive proceedures.
What scates the hell out of me is that the docs dont seem to have a statagy or game plan for dealing with the fallout of these proceedures.,or minimising the calateral damage to my RSD
They just want to do whats best protocol for their duty of care,which just keeps me alive,not whats best for my geneal wellbeing.That leaves me to find a way through by myself!!
Was a useful surgestion to try a neurologist.My only fear with that is that i look so well now,that they would think im over reacting .(we all know thats deciving )
my doc has to send a letter to get a referal.Last time she did that she wouldnt show me all the letter,and she may have influenced the consultant who then would not make unbiast decisions or make decisions with me or keep me in the loop!
I will try the other website.Thankyou for your suggestion .Very helpful!

I so want to keep this good place im in,as im making a new garden,which i hope to open in aid of RSD to raise awareness and the local hospice,in Oban.
Gardening is a great therapy .if i cant garden i get v depressed .it was my career but i had to give it up professionally when i got RSD.
Recently i stated exchanging 2hours gardening for a crainial sacral treatment.
It is a wonderful feeling to be gardening for someone again.
I recommend the crainial sacral treatment to people with RSD if its well controlled.
My energy levels are much higher a day or so after a treatment ,which lasts for days afterwards ,and it helps sooth the nervous system and inflamation/pain.I wouldnt recommend it if you have a bad episode ,but if you are in a good place most of the time like me its a good treatment to relax you and the beast.Have had less flare ups since having the cranial sacral treatments, on a regular 3 weekly basis.
Re RSD wont kill me but cancer would,i know that too well,i think if i found i had both cancer and RSD i wouldnt want to be alive if my quality of life was poor.!
You are so right --its a v tough decision.Thankyou for being there XX
Big gentle hugs
Heartfelt Thanks Flora99
flora99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote