View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 10:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaucerFan View Post
Superstar,

I don't know how generous (or not) the UK health care system is with physical therapy, but my physical therapist helped a lot with my similar issues with balance and gait. Medication has also helped (Nortriptyline and Gabapentin). So far my neurologist has ruled out everything but that good old non-diagnosis, "idiopathic PN." Of course, my symptoms might get worse at any point, and your spinal problem might lead to very different treatments, so my case may not relate well to yours.
Thanks for that info ChaucerFan. Physio is available, in fact I have just finished it for my frozen shoulder, still not right but a lot better and I continue doing the exercises at home. The waiting list is over 3 months but it is something to bear in mind if needs be. I almost wish it was a vitamin deficiency because that would be fairly easily treated but the ones I had tested were fine, a bit high if anything (B12, folate ). My vitamin D about a year ago was high also because I had been taking D3 but stopped back then and just started taking one a week now as am sure levels will have dropped down again.
superstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote