View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi AussieDebbie....my name is Debi too :)

Hey there...I've only been on here for a week or 2 but have had so much help from these wonderful people.

I had the nerve conduction thing done and it was negative for large fiber neuropathy. All my blood work was fine but I am type 2 diabetic. I'm not insulin dependent...just pills. I've been my own health advocate and like you have read and read stuff. To make a long story short, after chemo I started having the numbness, tingling, electrical currents and so on with my feet and just a little in my hands. Went to a neuro dr that I was not too pleased with. Then to a foot dr who was nice but didn't really help. He gave me info on Bako skin biopsy and I called a week later asking if he would do the test on me.....thank goodness I did....finally a diagnosis....advanced small fiber neuropathy.

He said my feet are devoid of fibers and my only option at this time is to see a pain mgmt. dr. That is where I'm at now. I was also only taking my pain meds as needed even though my PCP said for me to take them regularly. (and so did the nice people here)

This past weekend I started having minor swelling on the outside of my left foot. Talked to Mrs D about it on here and she suggested I have it seen about. Felt sure it didn't have anything to do with the neuropathy but was wrong. Went to our ER Alternative last night and he xray'd my foot.....not broke. Just the progression of the neuropathy and he told me to keep it elevated and stay off of it. I was pretty upset since this was a new symptom of the neuopathy. But I am now taking my pain meds every 4 hours and at least I'm not a crying my eyes out from the pain.

Well as you can see I'm chatty. But talking here has been very good for me and I so appreciate everyone.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote