View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 06:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much, zookester and Bram! Your posts meant a lot to me. I had no idea about the controversy when I started posting It's very painful to be an honest person posting honestly and then have people think you're one of the shills I don't know why this treatment is so controversial, but I know it's not just a TENS machine because I've experienced both, and if it even helps a small percentage of people, then it's worth having a thread on, IMO.

Interestingly enough, we just had a bad experience with it, which I wanted to share, too, to add to the information pot. We decided to try a provider that was closer to us but didn't have as much experience. When they hooked my daughter up, they used regular TENS pads instead of the other kind that they normally use in Calmare treatments, and my daughter had a really bad reaction to the treatment - the pad sites got really, really red (bright red) and terribly itchy, and it was very painful on her back, which should NOT happen. Now we were still getting her to "zero out" on the RSD pain during treatment, but she was also GETTING a lot of pain on her back. This is NOT normal; it should NOT happen this way. But the doctor thought that since she was zeroing out, it would be OK.

To make a long story shorter, even after switching to the regular Calmare pads, it just wasn't working - after 4 treatments, she was still at a 5 (when she comes out of remission, it doesn't jump right to an 8 or 9; it starts smaller). So we went back to the place that we went to before but was twice the distance, and it worked well, and she's back in remission.

Anyway, thanks again for your encouragement! It meant a great deal to me. And I'm SO glad that your SCS is working so well, zookester!
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (09-12-2014)