View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 05:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, but..

I don't know if Lloyd feels it this way, but I think that some of you rapped his nose rather sharply about this. Using stocks for a simile was not an elitist statement, it was just a simile. And though all of the things you mention are taking place, Jaye, there is still room, and I think need, for preserving the wonderful and creative and poetic and clever and often very funny thoughts on PD and life, and life with PD in this forum.

Unique posts simply slide down the page and are lost in the great volume of information that pours in daily. The information is vital, but the humanity, the feelings, the philosophy, the creativity, are just as vital and I think even more helpful than facts and figures. It is the sharing of thoughts that help us live with the problems we share.

A collection of writings from here in bookform is a good idea, as is a periodic collection published as a separate blog, or in any form that saves the gems.
The best solution would be to keep the bulk of them where they could not just be read again, but also still be commented on. Great subjects would then be kept alive for the next generations of PDers to read and react to.

Keeping track of research I will leave for others to comment on, except for the research being done here by PDers. That needs collecting and preserving.

And then there is my own brilliant and by now aged idea of a red cane to signify PD. When I was new here and full of suggestions, my nose was rapped too. It is still a bit sore about the red cane, so in conclusion I'm going to hit all of you on the head again with my red cane idea.

They nod and they smile,
They have been here a while
At the table across the aisle.
The food is devine
And so is the wine
The service is fine
We often come here to dine

A nice looking couple
The pleasure is double
Their English is quite without trouble
They are tourists on tour
To see heath and moor
They can’t be too poor
If they dine here ce jour

We smile and we chat
“You must see this and that”
we say, since we know what is what.
They thank us and say
That they wish they could stay
But they’re on their way
To bed after such a long day

Now imagine the shame
when the waiter came
and the wife was so drunk
without help she’d have sunk
right back in the chair
she came close by a hair
she could not stand at all
I was sure she would fall
I’m disgusted, I’m sad, I’m appalled

Had the 'drunk' wife had a red cane, and had a red cane become a universal symbol of PD, this and countless other embarrassing situations could be avoided.
So that is my theory, my own, and I made it! ( quoting John Cleese in a Monty Python sketch).

birte.
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote