Thread: What helps you?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 06:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
That's exactly how I feel about my cello SloRian - and why it had to have a name and be a 'he' I love the initial almost hug as I position Edward in my arms....awww bless him, he is lovely
Aww, that is SO cute!! I just love the cello; it has such a beautiful, rich sound.

I love how my harp just nestles on my shoulder ... I'll have to see if I can think of a good name.

Quote:
Reading....yes, I have literally just started reading a series of books that always bring my pain down quite a lot when I read them. Two series of five books - ten in total, so I'll be zoning out for at least a couple of weeks!! They are the David Eddings books, first series 'The Belgariad' and second 'The Mallorean' - the first book is called 'Pawn of Phrophecy' and that's the one I've started. It's a fantasy series, but so well written and rich with fantastic characters, I can be lost in these books and love every minute. I also love Rosamunde Pilcher's novels, they are a little old-fashioned but like a cosy blanket, and just make me feel good.

Literature and music - where would we be without the arts?!

Bram.
I'm an avid reader - I just love it! I love the classics, and I'm a big Tolkien fan (my avatar uses his Elvish characters) and I'm branching out to literature from other countries (the Russian classics are great) but my go-to for when the pain is worse is Agatha Christie - she's just so fun, and so wickedly and hilariously accurate with how people act Just fun, light, distracting reading. I can't manage anything else when I'm feeling worse than normal.

Anyone a Dr. Who fan? I'm looking forward to the new Doctor; I just didn't really click with Matt Smith (although how can anyone follow David Tennant?), although I like Clara. Wasn't wild about Amy.
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Allanira (10-05-2013), RSD ME (10-03-2013)