Thread: Medication
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanira View Post
We all have moments it gets too much. I have a sister thats a known druggy and she was complaining about "pain". I told her when she gets off the drugs has 3 surgeries on her knee and feels like her leg is going to collapse from hurting or spontaneously combust then I would talk about pain and giving her ONE norco every couple weeks which is all I can take. I know I'm a jerk. I said this in front of my grandmother and she hollered at me for being mean. My sister said I probably didn't even need the meds I was on as I was still walking around after my son. At the time I wasn't on a cane yet. She saw me limping and white faced too. Yes I LOOK fine and yes I act fine to an extent untill my pain crosses that threshold. Then I'm white lipped to keep from screaming. I have decided I'm not going to let others bring me down. If they think Im faking then oh well. I know the truth. Keep smiling guys and don't let the cynics and ignorant get you down.
Allanira,

You are right we all have pain but, in your own pain try not to lose compassion for others who also might be suffering. The thing is every person experiencing pain, loss or other emotional crisis that impact their lives are dealing with there own "mountain". The level of pain may not be what yours or mine is but, to them it is there worst just the same. Because no one can possibly imagine/fathom this type of pain unless it is experienced. Losing compassion for others will further isolate you and drive you into depression.. I'm not saying it isn't irritating or even maddening but try to keep in mind that everyone's battle no matter how big or how small is still a giant battle to them at the time for your own sanity.

For example based on what you said to your sister I could say this: Don't talk about pain until you have gone through......

July 20, 2011 Left first rib resection
Aug 10, 2011 Right first rib resection
Oct. 31 2011 Left hip/pelvis Periacetabular Osteotomy (PAO)
Feb. 15 2012 right foot exotosis osteotomy
April 6 2012 Re-operate left hip/pelvis
June 12 2012 Right hip/pelvis Periacetabular Osteotomy
Aug 22 2012 Cervical C3/4 -5/6 laminectomy foraminotomy
Nov. 9th 2012 Re-operation left hip/pelvis
Dec. 28 2012 Re-operation right hip/pelvis
April 24 2013 Re-operation right hip/pelvis
June 20 2013 trial spinal cord implant
July 8 2013 permanent spinal cord implant

You see what I am saying?? No one will ever understand the kind of pain we are in but that shouldn't make us less compassionate towards others who experience pain no matter to what degree.

How I keep my sanity - I do my best everyday to help myself, by taking more responsibility in my own care than hope I have in any treatment options including medication. I believe 100% that my ability to deal with the long term affects of this disease will lay more in my own hands, than in the hands of anyone else including the doctors. I get up everyday with one goal in mind.. to find ways to cope and to create a plan of action so that when there is absolutely nothing else any doctor can provide to alleviate this pain, I won't be caught with my "pants down" so to speak. I hope to have a solid set of things I can do myself to cope long before CRPS has progressed to that point.. if I don't do that now it will be to late. I owe this to myself and to my husband!

Sorry for rambling.. I just hate to see you waste time trying to convince anyone how bad your pain is.. it just isn't possible (in my opinion). If people aren't supportive then distance yourself from them - negative influences are detrimental to all of us!

Be good to yourself,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Allanira (10-04-2013), RSD ME (10-04-2013)