View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 08:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default funny thing

My mother is a nurse!!! So you would think she would be slightly sympathetic. But no. And there is no such thing as calmly sitting down and talking with her. I want to do just that with her and my dad but I already know what is going to happen. I will ask them to join me at the table for a CALM discussion which will immediately put my mother on the defensive and I won't be able to speak without getting interupted. It gives me anxiety and makes me angry which are two of the triggers that make my back hurt.

I wasn't even up long enough this morning to get a cup of coffee when my mom looks at my shoulder(when u constantly use a heating pad as a form of pain relief it makes the area red and blotchy. Jaguar skin). It eventually goes away if u quit using the pad for a few weeks but that's not happening anytime soon. I have slept on one for 10 yrs. I have to so I can get comfortable. Anyway, she tells me I'm damaging my skin and need to stop using it. I said I can't, I need it to help w pain. This woman says "oh bull spit" but she didn't say spit. That of course made me mad. Awake 4 min and her comments made me angry so now my shoulder hurts. Thanks mom!

My dr knows about my shoulder. He's seen it multiple times. I'm pretty sure he would say something if I were damaging all my nerves. But thanks for the emotional support so early this morning mom! Great way to start the day!
Fixmeup11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote