View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 12:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello. Hope your sinuses get better soon.

Have you tried oil pulling with coconut oil? I know it is gross at first but it really helps with dental health.I guess you would have to wait until everything heals. Also, Sonicare toothbrushes work so well, once I started using them I did not get a cavity in years.I do notice major teeth grinding since my neck injury.

Interestingly enough, over the years I have read posts on here about flying on an airplane. Most people are fine, and my neurologist thought I was just stressed when I described the intense pain and ear blocking and cheekbones swelling, throat swells too. I understand stress increases headaches, but this is an intense pain.

But, I went to an ENT and he said it was a sinus problem. I had no problems ever before on a plane or with allergies or sinus infections. Somehow my sinuses are affected with the pressure since my concussion. Any thoughts?

The pain is extreme. I live in Hawaii and have taken a short flight to the outer islands. Only 30 minutes and in extreme pain. I don't know if I can ever go to the mainland again to visit family.I stay home when everyone else goes. It will be four years for me since my injury and I still have this flying problem.

Sorry to add on my question to yours, Mwiseman, hope you don't mind.Thank you, hope your teeth feel better soon!
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote