10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Day 125-WITHOUT Sinemet/Carb-Lev

More changes.

Spoke to Neuro and changed my meds as follows:

1) Motrin 800mg -- TERMINATED
2) Flexeril 10mg -- TERMINATED
3) Cogentin 1mg 1 in the am and 1 in the evening

Yesterday, being my first day without the Motrin and Flexeril, there was a noticeable roughness to my movements. In other words I definitely noticed a difference on the first day without those two. My right hand/arm tremor is noticeably active more than in the past and when I tried to get into my car I didn't seem to navigate my butt into the seat as well as before.

I must say at this point I don't really know if the swap off of no medicine in exchange for the symptoms I currently have would still outweigh the conservative approach of adding back Sinemet.

Within a month my goal (definitely subject to change!) is to terminate the last of the medications.

Jim

P.S. A humorous side note: Thursday night two days ago I got up at 4 AM to use the bathroom. I had a fall into our sunken tub yielding minor injuries to both shins, my head, my nose, my chin and one finger. As I sat on the edge of the tub trying to wake up (yes, I try to continue sleeping as much as possible when I get up to go to the bathroom ) my wife found me in the dark assessing my wounds, which turned out to be minimal, I realized the fall was not Parkinson's related
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote