Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 05:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-eyes View Post
I am sorry Steph. I am worried I will be facing the same fate. I am thinking that very few plans will be willing to cover IVIG in the coming years.
That is exactly my concern...I read more and the plan details are not even all there (yet we are already supposed to choose?) and for those that do have plan details posted they ALL say experimental and investigational not covered and no details on how that is determined or even how decision might be appealed. Another thing appears that now all sorts of exclusions that were NOT things that were exclusions on my plan...home health care - meaning IF I get IVIG approved I will have to go to center for 10 hours for 2 days every three weeks, oh joy! :-)

..as patient who needs IVIG to function even 10-20 hours per week I too am terrified by this development. So the way I see it initially at least it does appear as if a loophole has been created for the insurance companies to get out of paying for these very expensive treatments we receive. I will continue researching though and share my findings as I learn more. Anyone else find out anything please do likewise.

I admit I havent read everything but I spent several hours reading (and Im a lawyer how is average person really expected to understand) and getting more concerned about the future quality of life under this new law.

PS re the plan levels...I only have first three offered...no platinum plans available for me.
StephC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-31-2013), zookester (11-10-2013)