Thread: New and scared
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the prompt reply and the suggestions.

I've tried ibuprofen (NSAID) both in pill and gel form. Also cocodamol. None of these have been particularly helpful, which suggests it's not an imflammatory problem.

I had suspicisions that it all might be back related as I've had chronic lower back problems for over 20 years now. I had a scan years ago which revealed evidence of disc displacement. I thought that there would be pain all done the leg though, not just the toes if the problem was in the spine.

It's really weird, yesterday I went for an hour long walk and the aching pains were under my big toe, the ball of the foot and arch throughout the whole walk to varying degrees. Today I did the exact same walk and the only pain I had was a bit of heel discomfort for a few minutes, and a few twinges across all the toes in my other foot, nothing else. When I stopped though, I had a period of stabbing under my big toe nail area, (the site of a lot of my "resting" pain over the last week or so). Every day is different which is why it's hard to explain to a doctor. I've also noticed that all the toes in that foot really click now whenever I stand up and walk, probably totally irrelevant..
Essentially, the only constant is the fact that it's getting worse. I had a few days remission from the night pain after I developed the numb patch, but that's gone now.
Like I said, I would love to believe the podiatrist's neuroma explanation but it just doesn't fit..

Thanks again for the advice..
Karen
kazzar1958 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote