Thread: New and scared
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I used oral anti-inflammatories for my achilles problem...didn't work.

What happens with inflammation is that blood vessels block some circulation, and oral things sometimes don't get to the area in question. Hence putting the patch where it needs to go by passes that failure.

You really have to try the epsom salts. This is because they too contain valuable magnesium which may not be getting to that toe area. They go right thru the skin and work that way. The pain receptors are NMDA driven, and magnesium blocks over firing of these to reduce pain. It is simple and very helpful.

Both of these interventions are simple... and they work very well for many people. They are not expensive or dangerous in any way. I'd strongly suggest you consider them.

Also try icing your lower back twice a day. And also ice that toe area. Ice takes down inflammation as well. Avoid heat for a while...as heat stimulates nerves. Just use ice for 20 minutes or so. Not a long time. It too can be very helpful.

This is a wonderful resource link:
http://www.northcoastfootcare.com/
it even shows alternate shoe lacing for high insteps! Something that really helped me in the past.

Look around, and study the anatomy pictures too. It will help you visualize your internal foot.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote