View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Well, since I have to wait a month for an appointment

Taking the visual of the CT scan and the words spoken by EMG doc who let me know what has transpired, I searched online and found a discussion regarding a cervical fusion of multi-levels as to which a single level did not fuse. The situation is typically treated with care as a serious situation as there is no disc tissue and only the plate and screws holding the cervical spine solid. Torqueing or articulation can occur, the plate become weakened by the movement, the screws loosened and the plate ultimately break just like you notice if you bend a piece of thin metal back and forth back and forth over and over until it breaks.....it leaves a jagged edge. Huh.

The neurosurgeon interviewed on the case in point said in his patient's case a follow on surgery was indicated to solidify the spine at that failed fusion level.....perhaps by cleaning it up and inserting new bone growth medium into the mix. So, I probably will not do handstands, play soccer, or stuff like that and will await the surgical consult appointment to learn what is next.

Arm. Hurts pretty bad. This would likely be from the failed fusion.

Legs. Hurt. The SCS does its trick, but since the nerve is doing something weird, as you know, they JUMP involuntarily. Par for the course, I reckon.

Ta Da........

Thank you for the prayers and concerns.....
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-07-2013), ger715 (10-07-2013), Hannabananna (10-08-2013), jen7009 (10-09-2013), Rrae (10-20-2013)