View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Karen,

Isn't Mrs. D wonderful, so knowledgeable and helpful to everyone. I am very new too and still learning. I am in Lancashire and had to wait about 9 weeks for my first neuro appointment which is in a hospital about an hour away but was the first available appointment. I think the time frame is not too bad for NHS when you hear the horror stories.

The neuro told me to go to ER if I got worse and I think I am going to do that today as it was only 10 days since seeing him and the really bad numbness has spread further to mid thigh on left side and one of the tests he had me do in his office was squatting down on the floor and getting up which I could just about do with great difficulty. Yesterday I found I could not do it all as there is no strength in my legs so am worried if I wait another 2 weeks for the MRI for the spine that things could get significantly worse.

I am not sure if I hope they find anything as he said if it is a compression or impingement and they have to operate it will only stop things getting worse and will not improve matters. If they don't find anything then I am none the wiser and probably will get worse but as I don't have any significant back pain I am not sure this is the cause but he said it is the first thing to rule out.

Will update later if/when I have any more news and good luck Karen, there are lots of very kind people here with a wealth of knowledge. I would think you have some top class hospitals in London too.
superstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-07-2013)