View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 10:19 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

LOL Justice. Maybe he was calling you to let you know he made it there safely.

The day before my father died, he asked me to bring mom in for some final words. He told me he wanted me to have the house. Mom was supposed to go live with my sister in TX. I told him I couldn't live in the house, so he grudgingly told me to sell it and give half to my sister. That was fine by me because I wanted NOTHING to do with the house.

We talked about a few other things, then he started to talk about the house again. He went into detail about how to fix a blown fuse. I didn't want him to waste his breath (lung cancer), so I reminded him I wouldn't be living in the house.

After our conversation, he told me to go home and to work the next day. I desperately wanted to stay, but he was afraid I'd lose my job for taking so much time off work.

My neighbor called me at work the next day and asked me to return. I flew like a bat outta hell to get there. At first he looked so peaceful, like he was finally getting some sleep. My heart sunk to my feet when I saw his chest wasn't moving.

When I pulled myself together, I realized my diabetic mother hadn't eaten. I warmed up some food for her in the microwave - and blew a FUSE. At first I thought, "oh great, NOW what do I do?" Then I remembered all that rambling about blown fuses.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote