View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 01:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I feel like I have been very successful with my weight loss, but realize that everyone needs to formulize their own plan based on their needs and goals.
I started off with Weight Watchers and this brought everything into line. I also started with very moderate exericse and was able to very slowly increase the intensity and duration. This was actually rather painful at first. So difficult, that I had to ask my doctor for Naprosen, take hot baths and get massages.

I eat low calorie, low fat, small portions and as healthy as possible. Now that I'm at goal weight, I do allow myself a little treat most nights. This might include one of those 60 calorie chocolate treats from Hersheys or one of those 100 calorie snack packs (usually cookies, etc.) you get from the grocery store. (Max calorie intake for a sweet snack is 100)

My routine has been very successful; it is as follows:
1) Morning: usually one omega three egg. I only have half the yolk. I often have a half of a waffle with this, a little real butter and some honey. Sometimes I have high fiber cereal or oatmeal instead, but I almost always have the egg combo. This reduces my carb cravings.
2) Lunch: Most often I have a very large salad, lots of veggies, 3 ounces of chicken or turkey. A little very low fat salad dressing.
3) Snack: One fruit: usually an apple
4) Dinner: One or two vegetables, 3-4 ounces of chicken, turkey or fish. Sometimes I eat a little brown rice or 1/2 of a potato
5) Snack: When dieting, I often had a fruit or sugar/fat free yogurt. Now that I'm at goal weight, I often have something with sugar in it, but no more than 100 calories.

I use the treadmill or ellipitical machine 3-4 times a week for 35-45 minutes.

My cholesteral is perfect and my blood pressure has reduced significantly since doing this routine. (Formerly had high blood pressure).

I've also iincreased my vitamin intake, especially b12.
My energy is much better. I'm at normal weight and I have no more "blues."

I'm considering adding a fiber supplement.

Greatly recommend the following books:
You: The Owner's Manual
The Real Age Makeover
The Complete Food Counter
What to Eat When You're Eating Out
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote