Thread: Flu Shot
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Renee, I too have been getting a flu shot every year, but only since I have had the RSD. My doctors have told me that it's not worth the risk of getting the flu. So I've had the flu shot for ten years now. Again as others have said, it is not a live vaccine, so you will not get any form of the flu from the vaccine. I do get a small swollen, bruised feeling in the area of the injection, but nothing else. Last year my doctor suggested a pneumonia vaccination also and I got one.

I can tell you too that after my first experience getting some sort of crud during the winter months, I will absolutely always get that flu shot. Twice my husband has gotten sick at work, but only a bad cold. The first time he brought it home, I got it and with me it morphed into pleurisy. I was sick for over 8 weeks and on antibiotics and that was a while new kind of pain. After that we had strict rules, no touching, no kissings, no contact, when someone he works with gets sick. Unfortunately it did happen again in the early part of this year. It was a bad cold again and before he even felt it I told him that I was getting sick. Then I found out the guy behind him was sick. He felt bad for two weeks and I could hardly move, was on the couch for again practically two months, congestion made it so hard to breathe. It's not worth getting creepy stuff that goes around. I stay out of public during flu season as much as possible. I ALWAYS use those sanitary wipes for the grocery cart . If I notice anyone in public sniffle or coughing I absolutely get as far away from them as possible. It is not worth it. I never got seasonal illnesses before this. Hay fever yes, but colds and flu, never. I've only gotten cooties twice now since RSD and what gets spread to me has both times become worse and stayed a lot longer than it does with healthy people.
Sylmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (10-08-2013), RSD ME (10-08-2013)