Thread: Wow!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by per834 View Post
Hi there- I have told you all here before that I am having a scalenectomy surgery on October 23 rd at UCSD with dr. Brown.
I just talked to one of his patients who just had the surgery 3 weeks ago. WOW! Is all I have to say! Wow! I am so excited. She said that she has had TOS for 8 years and has been dealing with all sorts of doctors and mis diagnosis. She has even been to the other neurosurgeon that I saw. She had a positive scalene block with dr. Brown and decided to go forward with the surgery. She said when she woke up, she immediately knew she was better! After 8'years! She has said that the recover has been great too. I am so encouraged. We are going to talk more again, she is happy to help because, like all of us, she has felt very alone for years. She also talked to another one of his patients before the surgery and was encouraged by his input.

Fingers crossed!!!
Sadly, 8 years seems like a typical norm, myself included. I never thought there would be a light at the end of the tunnel, but there is. YAY!
heybro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote