Thread: New and scared
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
About the thyroid: Hope you requested or had a good enough dr to order FREE T3 and FREE T4 tests otherwise he wasted your time and money. Most dr's who do not understand thyroid only order a TSH test, which is useless. TSH is NOT a good test for diagnosing thyroid issues. Also the word FREE is important not just the T3 or T3 but FREE.

Good results are usually a Free T3 in the upper to high range and the T4 mid range.

Your voice issues sound hormonal, adrenal or thyroid or all. Most people who have thyroid issues usually have adrenal fatigue to some degree.

Oh side note: I had a neuroma on my foot 15 years ago and had it surgically removed, it was between my third and fourth toes down on the pad of my foot. Got a permanent numb spot after surgery too.

Also, were you taking any vitamins with B12 in it before the test? If so, it will make numbers higher than they really are.
Hi Stacey,

I've no idea what thyroid test the consultant arranged. I could go to my doctor and specifically ask for the ones you mentioned.

Yes I was taking B12 and had been for 3 weeks before the test at 1000ug a day (don't know the conversion amount), as I had already been reading extensively around PN. I should mention this to the doc as well.

The voice could be anxiety or lack of use! I'm a teacher and am usually using it all day, often at high volume. It has got increasingly deeper over my career with excessive use. As I'm at home now (alone), I hardly use it. The hoarseness at low register does seem to ease off the more I speak though.
I don't really want to start looking this up as well and extrapolating all sorts of horror scenarios. I'm in a bad enough place now.
My friends switch off when I talk about PN as they dismiss it as yet another of my hyperchondria episodes. This site has been a lifeline...

Karen
kazzar1958 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote