Thread: New and scared
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Dear Karen- because you nailed it exactly when you said it is a lengthy diagnostic process and doctors don't really know very much or have many available treatments it is incredibly important to try and get a handle on the anxiety and dpression. That weight loss speaks volumes.

It is really important that you take care of yourself emotionally as well as physically. Make sure you are getting enough rest, try to concentrate on your nutrition, think about health rather than illness if you can. Stress certainly can mke everything worse. Hope someone has ideas for ratcheting this down for you!

Agreeing with Mrs. D. about surgery often being a mistake. I have heard of so many failed foot surgeries for CMT...
Hi Suzanne,

I'm very concerned about the depression and the eating. I get into troughs of despair and become totally inert and incapable of doing the simple things. When I get distracted from it and immerse myself in something else, it hits me like a ton of bricks when I remember it, (or more likely when the pain or numb spot when I walk does).
It's as if my subconscious wants it permanently at the forefront of my mind so that I don't have to be repeatedly upset by it. Better to be constantly miserable than peaks and troughs. Crazy logic I know...People get ill. They deal with it. I find it excruciatingly difficult.
I envy everyone else, whatever their problems and think they are better off than me. I think that's why I can't get it off my mind. I get little windows of time when I'm able to put it in perspective so there's hope at least: but as everyone who uses this site for advice and support knows, it can be a devastating, lifechanging experience.

Take care,
Karen
kazzar1958 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote