View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hey everyone! Had a rough day, but great weekend!

So yesterday, I got waves of being overwhelmed with grief. October is hard. I have been looking into legal stuff regarding planning for after we're gone, to care for kiddo, and it overwhelmed me big time yesterday. I cried so much, 20 minutes of hard sobbing, it was awful, I got over it because his father is so kind to me, he told me I needed to focus on living and making good memories for him like we've done with going to the 3 concerts we've taken him to and other things. That helped calm me down, as did him hugging me. I had to take a anxiety med though. It's going to be okay, I just need to accept that it's going to happen, and to embrace life fully so when my son faces it without me and his father, that he'll have a LOT of fun and pleasant memories to drawn upon.

*Shakes off the grief*

So look at what I started and finished! I bought a Faded Glory Walmart denim jacket last weekend with the intention of doing this to it:

The black fringe is something Mother crocheted for me a few weeks back, specifically for this project. And I finished it in time for the fall! So happy with it! I think it came out fantastic! I added the leopard material to the front panels beneath the pockets too, but I hadn't added them when I shot this short video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEUYI8anRHQ

I hope you like it, my mother saw it all finished Sunday when we got together and she said, "Wow Pam, it looks like you paid $150 for it! Easy!" that made me feel so good to hear. I paid $18 and change for it, and I had that leopard material for like five years at least, from an old full length skirt I never did want to wear. I love it! I also made the lanyard I am wearing in the photos and video. So happy with it. I had done this once before, I was 19, and used a cotton bandanna (again leopard print) and it was a different styled jacket, but I did the cuffs, the collar and the tops of the pockets. It was my favorite jacket for years until my son ripped it up about two years ago. I wasn't able to fit it unfortunately, but I still loved it. This time around I made pattern pieces for each area, and then cut the material, leaving a bit of seam allowance for me to turn over the edges so it'd look like it was a clean finish.

Pretty cool eh? Did it all by hand though, didn't want to risk breaking a needle or messing up with how thick it was near some of those seams....Hope you had a great weekend too!

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-08-2013), Dmom3005 (10-08-2013), Mari (10-08-2013), mymorgy (10-08-2013)