View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 11:23 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Thanks AMN. My son has been the light of my life ever since I first laid eyes on him.

I was only a kid, but the Viet Nam war was extremely traumatic to me. I was young and impressionable, so I felt it was my duty to pray for all of the soldiers. Each loss affected me greatly.

I wore a POW bracelet of a man who spent 3 years as a POW. I never had a brother of my own, so I secretly adopted him as my brother and prayed my heart out for him daily - morning, noon, and night. The happiest day of my teenage years was seeing him return home in one piece. I broke out in tears when I saw him step off the plane.

He never knew he had a "little sister" at home feeling his pain and praying for him. He doesn't know she still has that bracelet. He doesn't know she named her own child after him.

I was surfing the net and found his story online.

http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/m/m146.htm

When I was a kid, I was healthy and strong. When I spoke out against the war, I was told to be quiet because I couldn't possibly know what I was talking about. I'm no longer healthy and strong, but I feel like I'm living the same nightmare - complete with the same accusations. However, this time it's not possible to turn my back on this.

I really don't know where to go for support, because I'm afraid I'll get put on some sort of "list" or it might endanger my son in some way.

Sigh....I'll stop now.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote