Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My son is a teacher for a charter school in California. He will keep the same coverage at a lesser cost. California is one of the states that accepted the Medicaid expansion. He does not any pre-existing conditions but it seems to me that in the states that took the federal funding would have an impact those states in a positive way. The funding would pick up the some costs that would have to be included in determining the price companies in the exchange have to charge.

I am not sure how Medicare works, and maybe Southern bell can respond.
Did the state you live in accept the federal funding?
If not, is it possible that your husband’s premiums are going up to cover your Medicare costs because the extra dollars are not there and he is picking up the slack for you?

In the states that accepted the federal dollars, lower income families may have access to expensive treatments, like infusions that would be not available to them otherwise.

The funding is only for the first 5 years, and if it works out like it is supposed to the free market will drive down prices for everyone because of more insurance companies will be vying for dollars. I personally think this will happen.

scrubbs
scrubbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote