Thread: Heart Issues?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 01:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyma1973 View Post
Hey Tos,

I'm really glad you asked about this because I have exactly the same issues. I'm 40 and I do have high cholesterol that is unrelated to CRPS. However, my pulse just jacks up every once in a while and i don't know why. Every time I see my GP, it's over 90 or 100 resting. Blood pressure is fine or even low, but pulse gets high. When I have bad CRPS flare ups, sometimes I get pressure in my chest - feels like someone is either stepping on my sternum or squeezing my heart. It scares me and frequency of this happening has gone up recently (I've had CRPS since 1996, but this is new). I'm worried that I could have a pain induced heart attack. Since sensory functions in my left arm are so f-ed up, I'm worried that I won't feel angina to stop it early. My dad had a heart attack at 47, and he didn't have CRPS. Worried.....
Hi Kelly

Anything heart-related is scary stuff and of course you panic about it when there's that horrible pain THERE of all places.... Maybe you could ask your GP to refer you to a cardiologist so that you can finally get a proper check - then at least you'll either know what the problem is, or be reassured that although nasty it is pain-related and not necessarily cardiac.

I have a crappy family history for heart attacks, and with these rare but nasty left chest pain episodes I do panic that I'm not going to make old bones! I have high cholesterol too which is genetic rather than lifestyle. I eat fairly healthily but it makes little difference

Take care and I hope today is a better day.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote