View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 07:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

To Mz Migraine and Kitt

I agree that it was interesting to see how the system could be scammed. Being in the middle of the process myself, knowing how many hoops I have had to jump through, the extensive documentation involved, etc. and having heard about the show before I actually saw the show, my reaction to it seems different than yours.

Maybe because I have not been approved (as of yet). Maybe I resent people on disability being portrayed as scammers, silent welfare seekers, etc. I loved my job and would give anything to be able to perform the duties I had. I am not home beseeched by pain by choice. I am not going deeper into debt every day just to survive by choice. Yes, I was offended. If you have a condition that is not "obvious" to everyone, then people doubt your disabling condition. I thought the people on this forum would be as offended as I was but maybe if you already have received approval, you looked at the clip from a different vantage point.

I just fear the expose will make it even more difficult for people that are incapable of working at a SGA level to be approved. ALJ's may feel pressured to deny even more claims.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (10-09-2013), ginnie (10-09-2013), lefthanded (10-09-2013)