Old 10-08-2013, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
QUESTIONS
1. how old is your dad?
2. where does he live?
3. have you talked to his GP and neuro and does the GP agree with the neuro?

I find it hard to believe a neuro prescribed vitamins as the only thing to treat a condition which from your description is an advanced case of pd or pd like. there must be more to this story. pd med side affects are so variable you can't generalize, you just stop/change the meds if they become worse than the pd symptoms.

if you can't influence your father to see a doctor then imho you need to see a social worker along with your mother for advice. seems that's the first problem you need to solve.
1 - He will be 70 in December.
2 - He lives in Northern IL, close to the WI border.
3 - Do the GP and the Neuro agree about the diagnosis? Yes.

His condition was not what you are calling advanced when he was diagnosed. The neck tremor was intermittent, and the hand tremors were mild to moderate.

Why isn't the Neuro prescribing or suggesting meds at this stage? Aren't we at the level now?

I don't see them more than once or twice a month, they are 1.5 hours from me and I'm in school full time so I can't observe as often as I'd like. When I do ask about things I notice or about information my mom relays back to me (such as the field sobriety test), he denies the doctor said any such thing. I noticed that he's having some memory issues so I'm not sure if it's PD or denial.

Please feel free to ask me other questions, I'm happy to give you any information that you can use to advise me.

Forgive my ignorance, do I contact the Health Department about the social worker? I will talk to my mom, she's frustrated because talking to him about ANYTHING to do with his health is like talking to a brick wall.
dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote