View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
So sorry you are going through this. This forum is a great place to get information about PD, research about PD, and the people here are wonderful. I would also recommend you and your mom and other family members go to the PD caregiver's website, just google Parkinson's and caregiving and you will find it. The caregiving website will have more information about how to live and care for someone with PD, obviously, which it sounds like your family needs at this point.

You can learn a ton here about PD and research involving it, past, present, and future, both mainstream medical and alternatives people are trying. The caregiving site will help you learn what your dad is going through, and how others help their loved ones with various issues....good luck. Learning as much as you can will help you help your mom and dad the most.
Thank you, I have been trying to comprehend PD since his diagnosis and I read what I can but from what I understand, it's a very complicated disease that effects everyone different so "pinpointing" is difficult, is that correct?

After talking with my mom today, I suggested that we start logging notes on the calendar with changes or different things that are happening to him. I feel by doing that and accompanying him to his next visit with the Neuro (I'm trying to get that pushed up before his annual visit) I can go prepared.

I'm heartbroken and ready to stage an A & E type intervention. I love him so much and I feel like I'm just standing here watching it unfold and I can't do a thing about it.
dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote